Friday, July 13, 2012

Aileen's Reflection # 1


                           
          JUNE 16, 2012. Today is the first day of our class in graduate school. Met with old and new classmates.I was surprised enrolees in graduate school in CU are overflowing.Some subjects were closed.Am glad our group were enrolled earlier and we still manage to be together. Management of instruction subject talks about the real work of a principal.Accordingly,supervision is the main function  of the principal.The principal must make a  monthly supervisory plan / schedule for her teachers.I was refreshed that as a school head we have to use the STAR Situation,Task,Action,Result) technique in making a remark every after observation. Comments should be reserved during the post conference and if there are negative comments about the observation, it should not be reflected in the observation form.I also learned that school heads should know how to manage resources:material and human.These resources should be processed through assessment,evaluation and inventories using varied strategies.Outputs will be measured through achievement and performance results. Truly, the role/task of a schoolhead is not easy.You have to take/perform multiple functions in order to be able to manage a school.As I continue to fulfill the functions of a schoolhead, I will do my best to perform my duty as as an instructional manager.Managing instruction is a critical task for me.I have to be very careful in assessing the performance of the teachers under me.Anything I will say can make or break the teachers’ performance in the school.

No comments:

Post a Comment