Sunday, July 1, 2012

Mafe's reflection


Management of Instructional Program
Reflection No. 1

          The first day of the First Semester 2012 was ended a fruitful one to all of the Ph.D students specifically on the subject Management of Instructional Program. Many things were discussed comprehensively by the Professor Dr Olga C. Alonsabe with the sharing of the group.

          I have learned that managing people is not an easy task. Yet, I have experience this but I’m so thankful that I was able to manage a small group of teachers with positive attitude towards work and people who are easy to deal with. After hearing some sharing from the group I come to ponder over the kind of administrator I would be in the eyes of my fellow teachers. Would I be the school head that they look up to? Or the school head that they all wanted? Or the other way around, I hope not! I have learned also that management has something to do with supervision. One can never be a successful manager if he fails to supervise. A good supervision should be seeing from above, by doing so you can see everything that goes around your area. Management also should require a good leader. A leader that will influence others to become a leader, because the essence of leadership is not the leader but the relationship he is building among his people. This aspect will help build a harmonious relationship between the leader and followers.

          The discussion on how to conduct Instructional supervision using S.T.A.R added my knowledge on the conduct of instructional supervision to my fellow teachers. Though I am doing this but I was so delighted that Dr Alonsabe discussed this for enrichment. It gave me a realization that instructional supervision is not only observing teachers but it is somewhat helping them to grow in their chosen field. It is also building teachers’ confidence by appreciating and recognizing their strengths and discussing positively their weakest point for improvement. 

          Now as the school year 2012-2013 started I will be applying the things that this subject is offering. I felt that there is a need for me to enhance my knowledge so that my fellow teachers will be benefit out of the learning I will be gaining in this subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment