Friday, July 13, 2012

Genilyn's Reflection


“90% of all leadership failures are character failures”

          Our discussion with our subject Management of Instruction was so nice because I learned a lot about effectiveness to greatness. To integrate what we learn into our life. This particular line struck me at this moment because this has been what I am trying to do since I entered the Graduate School of Capitol University. What I learned from all our subjects in my Masters Degree, I tried to apply it in my own station for the good of our school and my pupils. For To know and not to do, is really not to know, to learn and not to do is not to learn and to understand something and not apply it is really not to understand. My schooling and my degree really improves me in many different aspect of my life as a teacher.

With all my learning’s from this institution and the experienced I have in our field of work, I really realized that leadership really depends on the character of a leader. He/ she may be an intelligent person but the character was so bad that nobody wants to be beside him/her, 90% of the group’s mission and vision would be in failure. That is why I always wish that those administrators who has very high IQ but very poor EQ because they cannot treat their teachers kindly, would hopefully enroll in Graduate School of CU for them to know what is real leadership or the difference between leadership and management for them to know where they belong and hopefully change for the better.

Now that I am already venturing on the higher level of education, Ph.D. on Educational Management, I know that I would be learning more and I am so excited to apply all my learning’s in my own workplace. Soon, if I am given a chance to be a leader I would gladly use and apply all the things I’ve learned from my CU family and give my best for the good of my organization. 

No comments:

Post a Comment