Friday, July 13, 2012

Aileen's Reflection # 2



            June 23, 2012.Our discussion started with a couple of inspirational quotes from the power point presentations prepared by the professor.” Integrate what you learn into your life”. This is one quote that caught my attention because sometimes we have learned so much from our experiences, lectures and seminars, but we still have difficulty integrating / applying it into our lives. In organizations, belief says that achievers are made not born of which I strongly agree. Like for instance, if teachers are given opportunities to lead and given responsibilities, slowly they will develop the culture of excellence and being an achiever is next to natural thing. Portion of the presentation talked about the journeys we have in life. As we go along our journey, we have our own roads to take. Others go for the road most people travel.Easy, moderately difficult but less rewarding. The road less travelled is a rough, rocky, stiff and difficult road. Yet, it is the most rewarding / breath taking road one travels. I was             touched by this comparison because it seems I’m travelling on this side of the road. I say I am in the road less travelled because I chose to sacrifice in exchange of my education. I say it is a sacrifice because I chose not to be with my family on weekends, burn my midnight candles to do my requirements, cut off my budget for the family’s need and my tuition and many others. Apparently, I was challenged by this journey because I know at the end of the road, it will make me a better person, fulfill my dream and will give my family a better life, hopefully.         
  
            On the other hand, the Lord Almighty gave us birth gifts. These gifts give us freedom and the power to choose of who we will be in the future. With this, we are bestowed with different kinds of intelligence that is our instrument to advance ourselves in the future. Among of the gifts are: Personal Quotient,Intelligent quotient,emotional quotient,social quotient.It is in our own assessment which intelligence we possess. As an instructional leader, we must see to it that we set direction to which road we are going to travel,demonstrate positive personal character, know how to mobilize individual commitment, build teams, organizations, among others.Accordingly,90% of all leadership failures are character failures.Hence,leadership is the capacity to translate. Translate means, as we accumulate learning, as we pursue higher education, people also expect as to act, speak accordingly. Culture of professionalism and preparedness is expected of us. As instructional managers, we are to build a school culture that reflects total quality management and total quality education .At the outset, enhanced teaching and learning will be achieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment