Sunday, July 1, 2012

Genilyn's reflection on Management





Management of the Instructional Program
“Instructional Supervision is Instructional Leadership”

One of our subject under the Ph.D in Educational Management Program of the Capitol University is the Management of the Instructional Program. Our first meeting with Dr. Olga C. Alonsabe, thought us on the Concept of Supervision. I learned that the duty of the School Head or Principal is Instructional Supervision. They should be at the top for them to  see and manage well the whole school or institution. When they supervised the Instructional Program in their school, they become the Instructional Leaders.

In our school, my school head has a functional monthly supervisory plan. He is an efficient kind of Instructional Leader. As early as the second week of June, He already gave us his supervisory schedule for us to follow. Class observation from Pre-School to Grade VI for the whole month were already given for us to prepare the needed materials and lessons for his visit. Although some of my co-teachers were not quite comfortable for the early class observation, I realized that my school head is a true Instructional Supervisor and Instructional Leader. Even though he is busy with his paper works, he always find time to sit in our classes and observe our way of managing and give lessons and instructions to our pupils.

Time come that I may become an Instructional Supervisor or Instructional Leader, I will really try my best to be an effective and efficient kind of leader. Effective in the sense that I can influence my co-teachers to give their best for the good of the pupils. Efficient in dealing with my reports and addressing other needs of the school that may affect the performance and achievement of the whole institution.

No comments:

Post a Comment